This privacy notice sets out the ways in which Eco Lighting Specialists Limited, company number 7845382, (Eco Lighting Specialists) collects, processes and shares your personal data through its website.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
What information does Eco Lighting Specialists collect?
Eco Lighting Specialists may collect, process and use the following information about you when you use our website:
- your name, email address and telephone number if you submit a query to our contact form;
- your IP address;
- your browser type and location;
- pages visited;
- links clicked on; and visitor numbers.
What is your data used for?
Eco Lighting Specialists processes your personal data in the following ways, and on the following legal bases:
- your name, telephone and email address for the purposes of responding to the query you raised using our contact form, it does this on the basis that it is in its legitimate interests to do so;
- to carry out Eco Lighting Specialists’ obligations arising from any contracts entered into between Eco Lighting Specialists and you;
- to optimise and enhance your and other users’ experience of the Eco Lighting Specialists website, it does this as it is in its legitimate interest to ensure that you and other users receive the best experience possible; and
- any other purposes where Eco Lighting Specialists has obtained your consent to do so.
Eco Lighting Specialists does not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending electronic direct marketing communications.
Eco Lighting Specialists may use your information in an anonymised and/or aggregated manner in order to analyse the data so that it can enhance its IT systems, website or newsletter, and to carry out research (including on individuals’ preferences around events). It may share this anonymised and/or aggregated data with third parties, but you will not be identifiable from any such data.
Eco Lighting Specialists may review your personal data if it has reason to believe that the information has been provided inappropriately, unlawfully or illegally. Eco Lighting Specialists does this on the basis that it is necessary in its legitimate interest to ensure that the website is being used appropriately, lawfully and legally.
Eco Lighting Specialists may process data sourced from a 3rd party supplier (“prospect data”), relating to an individual that has an interest in buying marketing services. The data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant services. Individuals associated with marketing spend within businesses have an expectation that Eco Lighting Specialists will communicate with them. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest.
Disclosing information to third parties
Eco Lighting Specialists does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal identifiable information to outside parties other than as set out in this privacy notice.
Eco Lighting Specialists does not send the personal data it collects through the website to any third parties.
Eco Lighting Specialists doesn’t allow third-parties to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permits them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Eco Lighting Specialists will only transfer your personal data outside of the EEA to organisations who have adequate safeguards in place to ensure the security of your personal data.
Eco Lighting Specialists will disclose your personal data to third parties:
- if Eco Lighting Specialists sells or buys any business or assets, in which case Eco Lighting Specialists will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset;
- if Eco Lighting Specialists or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if Eco Lighting Specialists is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Eco Lighting Specialists, you or any third party, and to investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement Eco Lighting Specialists has with you. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Eco Lighting Specialists may pass your personal data to third parties in a statistical and/or aggregated manner in order to analyse the data. Eco Lighting Specialists will always ensure that you are not identifiable from any such data.
Eco Lighting Specialists may otherwise share your information as directed by you or subject to your consent.
Protecting your personal data
Eco Lighting Specialists has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, it limits access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know and in accordance with this privacy notice. They will only process your personal data in accordance with Eco Lighting Specialists’ instructions.
Eco Lighting Specialists has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where it is legally required to do so.
You play an important role in keeping your information secure. If you have any reason to believe that your interactions are no longer secure, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holding your personal data
Eco Lighting Specialists will retain your data in accordance with its data retention policy.
It may also retain your data for further periods where it needs to do so in order comply with any legal or regulatory requirements (including keeping certain records for VAT purposes), to carry out audits, to detect and prevent fraud, to enforce contracts or to resolve any disputes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, Eco Lighting Specialists considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which Eco Lighting Specialists processes your personal data and whether those purposes can be achieved through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Where Eco Lighting Specialists relies on consent as the condition for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
You have various statutory rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have the right to:
- object to direct marketing communications at any time;
- request and obtain access to your personal data;
- rectification or erasure of your personal data, in certain circumstances;
- object to or restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- have your personal data stored in a manner in which it is portable from the environment in which it is stored by Eco Lighting Specialists to another environment; and
- file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website and it will recognise your device on future visits. These types of files do a number of different jobs, such as remembering your preferences and chosen items, improving your site experience and ensuring that the adverts or offers you see online are more relevant to you. These “cookies” can be divided into 4 types each of which is outlined below.
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential for the operation of the Eco Lighting Specialists website in order to enable it to function properly, such as remembering order details and allowing you to access secure or exclusive areas of the website.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
This type collects anonymous information on how people use the site and the data is merged with other users to enable Eco Lighting Specialists to improve how the website operates. They allow Eco Lighting Specialists to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it.
For example, the website utilises Google Analytics cookies to help Eco Lighting Specialists understand how customers arrive at the website, how they browse or use the website and highlight areas for improvement such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
These cookies help Eco Lighting Specialists to improve the way its website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These are used to recognise you when you return to the website and to personalise content and remember your preferences. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate with your selections and make the visits more tailored and pleasant.
The information is also merged with other users on an anonymous basis to improve how the website operates.
Category 4: Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the pages you have visited and the links you have clicked on. This is used to make the website and adverts more relevant to your interests.
Changes to Privacy Notice
If Eco Lighting Specialists decides to change this privacy notice, any changes will be posted on this page.
This privacy notice was last modified on 7th July 2020.
If you wish to contact Eco Lighting Specialists in relation to this privacy notice, including in relation to any of the rights set out in section 7 above, please contact email@example.com.